Thursday, August 30, 2007

Week 9

23 things was a good experience - I couldn't participate at length but enough to get the idea and know where I want to go back later. I see great potential in a few "things" and I know that many of my colleagues are using some now that they have become aware. Our Young Adult team is working on how to videocast booktalks. Exciting! After this experience I WILL schedule in time to continue with this learning process of staying no more than one step behind this rapidly morphing technology - mostly because it's fun.

This is my favorite video clip. I saw it on Ellen one day and could not NOT laugh.


Podcast - I added More Hip Than a Hippie to my Bloglines feeds.

Our library has provided downloadable audio to customers for two years - both Overdrive and RecordedBooks via NetLibrary. While some Caroline County residents are still having difficulty obtaining high speed access, both products show use but are not heavily promoted. I am looking forward to the day we can provide downloads from inside the library.

I remember Project Gutenburg as full text online books but just learned of the audio! Certainly has changed while I was doing other things.

No comments: