Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Week 6

de.lici.ous hmmm.... I looked. Am not a convert at this time, but definitely see potential if organized in a meaningful way. I guess that's the Librarian in me. Will look at this again later after I have a chance to read other's blog posts about it.

Technorati - COOL! This is something for me to play with again somtime. How about Miss Teen South Carolina? But then - everyone gets at least 15 minutes of fame. This was more orgainized and made a little more sense to me than de.lici.ous.

Web 2.0 - Michael Stephens comment about controlling "technolust" and that we need to know "Does it meet the users need in a new or improved way? Does it create a useful service for putting users together with the information and experience they seek?" Sometimes I feel like we are spinning out of control with trying to provide the latest and greatest while keeping staff interested and excited about change. I particularly agree with his paragraph on "Librarians 2.0 plans for their users".

No comments: